Radio technology includes many familiar technologies such as cellular, WiFi, municipal trunked radio, long distance microwave, Bluetooth, walkie-talkies and others. Wikipedia defines radio technology as the wireless transmission of signals through free space by electromagnetic radiation of a frequency significantly below that of visible light, in the radio frequency range, from about 30kHz to 300 GHz. Radio assessment, design/redesign and project management includes consideration of the following:
- Coverage assessment by frequency spectrum
- Assessment of signal penetration into and around buildings
- Repeaters and in-building signal distribution
- Point to point issues
- Traffic modelling, particularly for WiFi and trunked radio systems
- Licencing applications for licences spectrum
- Risk of immediate or future interference for unlicensed spectrum
- Procedures and policies
- The special, non-intuitive design issues associated with WiFi
TMC has helped many clients assess, redesign, optimize or replace their Radio Systems. Here are a few of our Radio Systems projects:
- TMC has conducted a radio assessment for connectivity to locations without fibre access.
Fire Chief, a major Canadian Municipality
- TMC supervised a radio tower installation.
- TMC gave an expert opinion on whether wireless remote monitoring was historically available.
A Vancouver Law Firm