Wikipedia defines a best practice as a method or technique that has consistently shown results superior to those achieved with other means. Even given that definition, it’s important to use careful consideration when applying a “best practice” as it may not be appropriate in every situation. Establishing your own implementation of best practises can save time and money. Your people can focus on doing the right thing at the right time to meet your goals rather than designing or fine-tuning a process then performing the work in an inefficient or sub-optimally effective way. TMC has helped clients tailor industry best practices from framework such as ITIL or lighter weight options to meet their unique requirements
Develop/Improve Practices with TMC Assistance
- IT Project Portfolio Management
- Workflow analysis, identity human-caused errors and inefficiences
- Disaster Recover Plans and testing
- Bring your own device
- Security policies
- Vendor and Contract management
Best Practice TMC-delivered Services
- Benchmark IT Spending
- IT Strategic Planning
- Post-Implementation Audits
- user Satisfaction Surveys
- IT Security Audits
Here are a few example projects:
- TMC assessed options for partnerships, supplier IRUs and new fibre build.
IT Manager, a Canadian Power Utility
- TMC lead an IT Assessment, recommending service model and organizational structure changes.
Data Centre Manager, a Transit Company
- TMC conducted a governance model review, IT staffing review and a service model review.
CIO, a Software Development Company
Contact Us: 604.683.1103 |